- Most team members of Chongqing Daping Middle School football team, which won the 21th World Schools Championship in Turkey, have been found out to be pro footballers.
- Gao Hongbo was named as new coach of China Men’s Soccer Team, the youngest man to take the helm in 30 years.
- Bernie Ecclestone backs the future of Shanghai GP.
- Xinjiang joined Guangdong in the CBA finals, defeating Jiangsu 97-90 to win its series 3-1.
- New Jersey Nets international Yi Jianlian will return to China to compete at the Asian Championships in August.
- Chinese tennis star Li Na has called for an overhaul of the nation’s famously rigid sports programme.
- Volleyball player Ding Hui, born in Hangzhou to a South African father and a Chinese mother, becomes the first mixed-race athlete selected for one of China’s national sports teams.
- Guangzhou to start recruiting more than 560,000 volunteers for 2010 Asian Games.
Subscribe to our RSS feed or follow us on Twitter for more China sports news